Namibia: Development of the Namibia Tourism Board
EU Namibia Tourism Development Programme - 2003 /2005
The Namibia Tourism Board had recently emerged from the Ministry of Environment and Tourism as a stand-alone tourism board.
The new tourism board needed to be competitive. This meant identifying the roles, skills and structure required to make it one of the best in Africa.
- Key roles were identified
- Job descriptions were developed
- An organisational structure was proposed
- A training needs assessment was undertaken for key positions
- A highly effective tourism board, respected by its competitors as well as by Namibian stakeholders.
- A focused organisation that grew Namibia's tourism significantly in the next few years.